Everyone loves a good brew, especially our Brew Boffins. Let's just say that these 20 quotes are exactly our cup of tea!
1. Tea, though ridiculed by those who are naturally coarse in their nervous sensibilities will always be the favourite beverage of the intellectual.
Thomas de Quincey
2. Make tea, not war.
3. If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty.
4. The very act of preparing and serving tea encourages conversation. The little spaces in time created by teatime rituals call out to be filled with conversation. Even the tea itself – warm and comforting – inspires a feeling of relaxation and trust that fosters shared confidences.
5. Tea is wealth itself, because there is nothing that cannot be lost, no problem that will not disappear, no burden that will not float away, between the first sip and the last.
The Minister of Leaves, The Republic of Tea
6. Where there’s tea there’s hope.
Arthur Wing Pinero
7. A crisis pauses during tea.
8. The overwhelming sorrow of finding a cup of tea you forgot about.
Very British Problems
9. There is no problem on Earth that can’t be ameliorated by a hot bath and a cup of tea.
10. Sir, I did not count your glasses of wine, why should you number up my cups of tea?
The Life of Samuel Johnson
11. Tea is the elixir of life.
12. I am sort of a tea addict. I structure my day by cups of tea.
S. T. Joshi
13. There is nothing quite like a freshly brewed pot of tea to get you going in the morning.
14. Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.
15. I was always brought up to have a cup of tea halfway up a rock face.
16. As long as it’s hot and wet and goes down the right way, that’s all that matters.
Duchess of York
17. As the ship lay in Boston harbour, a party of colonists, dressed as Red Indians, boarded the vessel, behaved rudely and threw all the tea overboard. This made the tea unsuitable for drinking – even for Americans!
George W. Banks in the 1964 classic film Mary Poppins
18. I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.
19. It’s always tea time.
The Mad Hatter
20. Sipping a cup of hot tea is like a mental bubble bath.